Thursday, September 12, 2013

Who Is Hubby and How Am I Helping Him?

Hi! I'm Donna, fifty year old wife of thirty-two years to a man I usually, and quite lovingly, call Ray Baby. The second week of July 2013 Ray Baby set out to lose weight. He has lost weight before and gained it back. (Well, so have I, come to think of it!) But this time, it feels different. We have recently lost a dear friend to heart disease, and our parents are aging and pretty ill, and we just look at things differently now.


Ray and I celebrating our thirty-second anniversary this summer---outside of the church where we were married. (Yes, we are hopeless romantics!)


I lost forty pounds two years ago and have kept twenty-five of it off (making my total net loss/kept off for eight years to be fifty-five pounds--I lost thirty pounds several years ago when we began ballroom dancing (and kept that off!). While I want to lose the fifteen that I have gained--and then twenty or thirty more, I am lacking motivation right now.

So instead of losing more weight myself, I have poured myself into helping Ray Baby get to a healthier weight. And this blog is going to chronicle that journey!

I will back up and tell some of the progress he has already made, continue on with his journey/progress, share recipes and tips, and much more. 


Ray Baby--summer 2013--before he began losing weight at 320 pounds


Ray Baby is doing a low carb diet. I guess you would call it Atkins since he (1) tries to stay under forty grams of carbohydrates a day; (2) counts net carbs (grams of carbohydrates minus grams of fiber); and (3) doesn't count calories.

Every day I receive help, tips, recipes, and ideas from blogs, Facebook pages, etc., so now I want to pay it forward. As I have learned to cook, garden, shop, freeze, can, and prepare low carb, I want to help others learn to do the same.

So share my new page with others! And feel free to comment, ask questions, share recipes and ideas, etc. Losing weight is definitely a journey much better taken with others! ;)


Ray Baby summer 2013 before he had lost much 

No comments:

Post a Comment